Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

What's to tell really... I was lost and now I'm found, I was blind and now I see... Give Him a chance and you will see too.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jim Bob & Weed - Days 7 & 8 of the Portland Rd Trip

Nothing quite like a catchy title to grab one's attention, right? Just settling down here in Eugene, OR this beautiful Sunday night. Carmel and I are staying with one of her life long friends Lorie who grew up with her in Savannah and later moved out this way. Lorie is super sweet and took us out to experience a local northwestern favorite restaurant American burger chain called Red Robin. It was super delicious!

Earlier today we drove about 8 hours up the northern half of California from San Jose to get to Eugene (just 2 hours south of Portland). It was an absolutely breathtaking ride (I'll upload some of the pics later for you to check out). And yes...we passed through a town in California called "WEED". Let's just say they were really nice and mellow there. We also go some great photos of Mt Shasta when we stopped that I know your going to love.

Last night we got to San Jose to stay with my cousin Jim (who's middle name just so happens to be Bob). He treated us to a fabulous authentic Mexican dinner and we got to lounge in his super relaxing hot tub before retiring for the evening. During the day, before we met him, we went to a couple of really friendly wineries up around Montery and the Carmel Valley. Yes...that's right, my girlfriend Carmel and I just had to visit Carmel, CA. We stopped at one of the oldest mission Church's in northern California located there. It was very cool. A fryar named Junipero Serra came to American in 1700's to establish a church in San Diego and afterward traveled up to norther California just south of San Francisco in Carmel Valley to start this mission. He later died and was buried there on the grounds, but not until over 4000 people in the area accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Awesome stuff!

Tomorrow we'll hangout here in Eugene with Lorie to enjoy some Oregon river tubing before to take off for our final destination Portland! It's going to be my last night with Carmel for a while so I want it to be special. Please keep us in your prayers. Tuesday morning I'll be taking her to the airport to send her back to Savannah. I know it's not going to be easy to say good-bye but God is so strong in our relationship I trust in His perfect timing to bring us back together when it's meant to be (probably October for her brothers wedding). We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home