Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

What's to tell really... I was lost and now I'm found, I was blind and now I see... Give Him a chance and you will see too.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hello Portland!

That's right! I have arrived! After traveling almost 3500 miles (spending close to $400 on gasoline by the way) I have settled down here in northeast Portland. I'm staying at my good friend Clark Blakeman's house for the week while I scope out room's for rent in the neighborhood. Monday night when Carmel and I arrived we spent the evening eating a delicious picnic Chinese dinner by the river walk area downtown. We watched the sunset not only on the day, but also on our time together this summer. Precious moments... Yesterday morning I took her to the airport where we said our final tearful goodbyes. A peace came over me as I began walking away that I can't quite put into words. God has become so much bigger than I ever thought possible while being in a relationship with Carmel. I trust Him more and more with each passing day.

I ask for your prayers as I hit the ground running in search of a permenant place to live. Next will be the search for partime work once I get my class schedule during registration next Thursday. I would also love it if you could pray for some clarity and wisdom in a decision I need to make this week whether or not to cut back on the amount of hours I'll be taking this semister due to a lack of funds. Less time in class means more time I can work and enter into community activities. Maybe a lack of financial aid is God's way of balancing out the academics with the application. I'm cool with whatever His plan is. It's always so much better than the crazy one's I come up with.

Peace,
ben

PS. Here's my new mailing address for the next 3 years or so:

Ben Malick
8435 NE Glisan St #426
Portland OR 97220

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home